Sign the Guestbook | View the Guestbook

502 entries
Prev · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 · Next

Name: Capsa Online
E-mail:
Website: www
Date: 19 Aug 17 05:11am
Unbelievably individual pleasant website. Enormous details readily available on few clicks on.
Name: Pqrstuvwxy
E-mail:
Website: n/a
Date: 19 Aug 17 04:39am
Residents of Ocean Garden, Meten-Meer-Zorg, West Coast Demerara have to endure many sleepless nights due to the unpleasant conditions created by an abandoned unfinished house in their community. They say that this house is being used as a safe haven for criminals and drug addicts, called ‘junkies.’According to residents, the abandoned structure, which is located at Lot 40 Ocean Garden, Meten Meer Zorg, has been there for over 12 years. They noted that the proprietor of the structure died some five years ago, and since then, the house is not being properly taken care of by his survivors and other family members.Residents revealed to this newspaper that, during the late hours of the nights, ‘junkies’ would go into the structure, smoke illegal drugs, and would usually indulge in expletive-laden conversations conducted in a loud and boisterous manner.The abandoned house which is said to be the safe haven for criminals and ‘junkies.’ Villagers noted that the men would also be consuming alcohol and would sometimes end up fighting with each other, waking up almost the entire community.According to the residents, approximately two weeks ago, during the wee hours of the morning, they overheard a woman screaming for ‘Murder! Murder!’ and saw the woman running out from the house, covered in blood.Residents say that the house, which is overgrown with thick vegetation, only encourages bandits to hide out in the area; and with this in mind, they noted that they are scared for their lives, since they do not know what the persons in the house can do to them during the nights.One resident explained that when someone is in the house, that person can see everything and everyone in the community, but it is not that easy for people outside of the structure to see what is taking place in the abandoned building.This, the residents say, is scary since, according to them, the ‘junkies’ are capable of doing anything.The villagers say that the people in charge of taking care of the structure used to visit the premises often; but, for the past year, no one has visited the house to clear the overgrown bushes.Some residents would sometimes try to clear the thick vegetation, Carlos Gonzalez Rockies Jersey, but they have stopped, since the bushes would grow back quickly.Villagers say that they are utterly frustrated with the condition of the structure, and they are afraid that the location could also become a breeding ground for caimans and snakes, which can harm not only the children in the area, but the entire community.
Name: Lmnopqrstu
E-mail:
Website: n/a
Date: 19 Aug 17 04:39am
Two Cuban passports and Identification Cards belonging to Lisandra Martinez Machado and Michel Ariel Gonzalez Garcia were found as the “Clean up your environment” bug bit residents of the Island, West La Penitence, yesterday.The Cuban documents were found in an alleyway that was being cleaned by residents who came out in their numbers.The community comprises over 76 apartments with more than 1000 residents.The cleaning crew was led by 18 year old Oteisha Niles of Lot 21 West La Penitence. Speaking for the group of cleaners, the young Accounts Clerk said it is a self help exercise by a recently formed committee to clean-up the area.“This community has a lot of unemployed youths who are often given a bad name but we are not all bad, we need more jobs, ” she said.As part of their first efforts to reshape the image of the area, the group pooled together their finances, cooked and commenced cleaning the area from about 8:00hrs.“This is not a paid job, we just decided to clean from the first street to the last street which included six alleyways and three streets.”They dug out silt from drains, weeded the parapets and packed the waste into garbage bags with the hope that workers from the Mayor and City Council will pass through to collect solid waste. “We are looking to get some contracts to do more cleaning in other areas to keep our youths occupied, ” Niles said.The young woman, supported by both adults and children, George Springer Astros Jersey, noted that the community is labeled “a ghetto, but ghetto is a state of mind and while we don’t have a lot of people with jobs here, we have a lot of young people willing to work if they get a chance to do so.”The area is bordered by Albouystown to the west, Castello Housing Scheme to the east, PuntTrench to the south and Sussex Street to the north.The Cuban passports and ID Cards can be collected at the Kaieteur News’ front desk.
Name: Opqrstuvwx
E-mail:
Website: n/a
Date: 19 Aug 17 04:39am
A 21-year-old Kitty resident has been ordered to spend the next four years in jail together with a fine of $100, 000.  Cornel Atkinson, who had been remanded on June 1, last, for being in possession of two assault weapons without licence was found guilty of the charge by the court yesterday.The ruling was handed down by Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine Beharry at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court.On May 29, last, police ranks, acting on information, proceeded to conduct a search on the then 20-year- old vendor’s Lot 29 Railway Embankment, Kitty home.  The ranks found one .243 Smith and Wesson rifle and one rifle with telescopic lens hidden in a rubbish heap.Atkinson could not produce a licence for the weapon hence; he was charged and placed before Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton for an initial court hearing.He was represented by Attorney-at-law Sonia Parag who contended that the guns were not found in her client’s yard but were taken from the yard next door. The woman claimed that there is pictorial evidence that will show a policeman removing the guns and placing them in her client’s yard.However police prosecutor, Kerry Bostwick, Tony Perez Reds Jersey, in his final submission urged that the court take into consideration that there is sufficient evidence that points to the defendant having knowledge of the assault rifle that was found hidden in his backyard.“I want yuh call me sister and meh mother and tell them I get find guilty, ” a visibly saddened Atkinson told police ranks after hearing the outcome of the case.
Name: Cdefghijkl
E-mail:
Website: n/a
Date: 19 Aug 17 04:38am
– informant disappointed The case against a group of police ranks who are being accused of extra judicial killing by a well known informant is heading for an inquest.Head of the Police Complaints Authority Cecil Kennard recently informed this newspaper that he has concurred with earlier advice by the Director of Public Prosecution that an inquest be held to determine if the police are criminally responsible for the killing of three youths outside the K&VC International Hotel on South Road in October 2013.Kennard also made the same recommendation in the case involving the killing of two other youths at Diamond, East Bank Demerara two months later.The same set of police ranks were implicated in both shooting incidents.The allegations were made by self confessed informant Lennox Wayne called ‘Two Colours’, who claimed that he was working closely with the police ranks when the shootings occurred.In fact Wayne, who is currently on remand for murder, had given investigators detailed statements of his involvement in the shootings and the actions of the police.He came forward with the bombshell information, because according to him, the police “used him, set him up and then framed him.”In explaining his recommendation to have the matter go to an inquest, Justice Kennard said that there were a number of inconsistencies in the statements given by Wayne and there is no clear possibility that if the ranks were to be charged that there will be a conviction.Romario GouveiaMark Anthony Joseph called ‘Two Grand’Jermaine Canterburycalled ‘Chow’The DPP had already ordered an inquest into the deaths of the victims and Kennard said that he agreed with that decision.Hence there might be no need for the file with the new revelations to be sent back to the DPP’s Chambers.Lennox Wayne in an explosive recording two months ago had claimed that the unit was responsible for the controversial deaths of five “criminal suspects”.He spoke of the killing of three young men on South Road, outside the K&VC International Hotel and two others in the Diamond Housing Scheme.On October 12, 2013, Cousins Jermaine Canterbury, 21, and Mark Anthony Joseph, called ‘Two Grand’, 19, and Romario Gouveia, 19, all residents of Albouystown, were shot during what police said was a shootout near the K&VC Hotel. The cousins died soon after the shooting while Gouveia, who had a gunshot wound to the jaw, died suddenly two days later.On December 7, 2013 at Diamond, East Bank Demerara, Paul Bascom, a resident of Diamond Housing Scheme and Alberto Grant, or Alberto Mustapha, 28, Taylor Mays College Jersey, called ‘Mukie’, of Lot 299 Meadow Brook Gardens were shot dead during an alleged 20-minute shootout with police.Paul BascomLennox Wayne called‘Two Colours’Wayne is maintaining that while the police had claimed that the men were all shot dead during armed confrontations, the youths were gunned down without firing one single bullet at the police.In one of the incidents, the youths actually put up their hands in an act of surrender, but were still mowed down by members of the police squad.“Dem saying that de men shoot at dem…de men ain’t discharge no round, dem ain’t had no gun, de men ain’t had no weapon, straight, ” he stressed.He said that the weapon (.38 revolver) that the police produced was one that one of the ranks brought in a haversack.He said that relatives of the dead men started to accuse him of orchestrating their deaths.“That is how de whole country got it. Everybody know me. Remember is some youth men that me and dem used to do thing. Remember I used to thief, dat is why dem men had trust in me. Is then everybody now know dat I working with de police force, ” the former convict stated.Wayne said that it was that incident that caused him to start rethinking his link to the police, since he was now exposed to the public as a “police informer”.On Friday when he heard that the matter was going to an inquest, Wayne told this newspaper that while he is disappointed with the decision, he was not surprised.He said that it has now left him exposed, since the policemen are still in their jobs and are being covered.Kaieteur News understands that two of the ranks implicated by Wayne have been transferred to the Presidential Guard.“All the time when criminal shoot police, you don’t hear about inquest, but when police shooting innocent people you hearing about inquest, ” Wayne said.“I had my doubts, l had my own experience with the police, ” he added.According to Wayne, it was the police who approached him to be an informant when he was released from prison after he had served several years for armed robbery.He said that since he was in a certain position, he agreed to work along with the police, knowing the consequences that the decision would bring.“You have to use a criminal to get to other high profile criminals, ” Wayne told this newspaper.He said that his role was just to identify and infiltrate criminal groups and have the police arrest them.However, he said that instead of arresting the suspects, the police began shooting them, although they were not involved in criminal activity at the time.He disclosed that for his work he received a “raise” from the police, even identifying a former commander as one who gave given him a cash incentive for his work.Former Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee had vehemently denied that he had knowledge of any elite police anti crime unit that was fingered by Wayne in the extra judicial killings.Kaieteur News understands that the unit was disbanded last year after reports that they were operating outside of their mandate and were not reporting specifically to their superiors in the Guyana Police Force.Wayne’s relationship with the police turned sour after a deal between him and one of the ranks to execute businessman Mohamed F Khan went sour.Wayne in another explosive recording earlier this year had confessed to being the gunman in a failed attempt to execute Khan, whose dismembered body was later found at Cummings Lodge.One of the policemen who was integrally involved in the MFK plot has been charged with conspiracy to commit murder.Last week Police Commissioner Seelall Persaud announced that ranks who are charged for serious criminal offences, will face immediate dismissal from the Force.The move is being seen as intensifying efforts to rid the force of rogue cops, a process started by newly appointed Minister of National Security, Khemraj Ramjattan.Previously, police ranks placed before the courts would be interdicted from duty and receive half their salary until the end of their legal matter, when they would draw down on the accumulated other half which sometimes amounts to hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars.They are in most cases reinstated and continue to work as police ranks.  But according to Commissioner Persaud those days are over.“You are charged and go before the court for certain types of offences, corruption and some other types relating to excessive force and deliberate criminal activity….simultaneously with going to court, you are losing the job, ” the Commissioner declared.“So it’s not a half salary now and then cash in on the other half five, six years after…It’s that you immediately have to look for another job to pay your lawyers and everybody else, ” he added.
Comments

Visits: 9474123

REGISTER FOR OUR NEWLETTER + MORE!